Sometimes we find ourselves running in place, struggling to get ahead simply because we forget to address some of the simple truths that govern our potential to make progress. So here’s a quick reminder:
- The acquisition of knowledge doesn’t mean you’re growing. Growing happens when what you know changes how you live.
- You can’t have good ideas unless you’re willing to generate a lot of bad ones.
- A good idea without action is worth nothing.
- Change is often resisted when it is needed the most.
- Discipline is choosing what you want most over what you want right now.
- People seldom do things to the best of their ability. They do things to the best of their willingness.
- You can’t change other people; you can only offer guidance, and lead by example.
- Right now, there’s a lot you don’t know. And if you never challenge your own beliefs, the list will never shrink.
- If you’re talking to someone you don’t know well, you may be talking to someone who knows way more about the topic of conversation than you do.
- The most common and harmful addiction in the world is the draw of comfort.
- Growth begins at the end of your comfort zone. Stepping outside of your comfort zone will put things into perspective from an angle you can’t grasp now.
- When you spend time worrying, you’re simply using your imagination to create things you don’t want.
- It’s usually only as good or bad as you think it is. Most of what we see is only what we think about what we see.
- Most of the bad things you worry about will never happen. Most of the bad things that do happen will have never crossed your worried mind.
- Some circumstances are uncontrollable, but we can always decide how we react to those circumstances.
- Those who complain the most, accomplish the least.
- Whenever somebody discredits you, and tells you that you can’t do something, keep in mind that they are speaking from within the boundaries of their own limitations.
“Standing alone is better than standing with people who hurt you!”
Had the most amazing day today with my family. We had brunch in La Jolla and celebrated my 47th birthday and Mother’s Day. I always have so much fun with them specially my girls. They are amazing. I love watching them interact with each other. They’re all so grown up. All three are so different from each other but the same. If that even makes sense. I miss being with them so much. I I hardly ever get to see them because they are just so busy and we don’t live that close to each other. After brunch the hubby and I went hiking in Torrey Pines. It was a perfect day for it. I’m definitely not in shape anymore. But I made it. The hubby kept pushing me to keep going. I hope to do more hikes more often.
I had the worse migraine yesterday. To top it off it started at work. As the morning went on it got worse and I felt sick to my stomach. Ran to the bathroom and threw up all over. I felt real bad. I stayed the whole morning because I didn’t want to leave my coworker by herself. I finally left around lunch time. I went to the urgent care and they gave me a shot. They couldn’t give me a more potent medicine because the hubby couldn’t pick me up. Any who, I feel better today. I don’t ever want a headache like that ever. Its absolutely the worse.
I dread cleaning our bathrooms, specially the bathtub. It’s so hard to get it all white and shiny. So I surfed the net to find an easy way to get it cleaned. I found many recipes on Pinterest and decided to try one out. It was real easy. All I needed was vinegar, baking soda and dish soap. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cp vinegar
- 1/2 cp dish soap
- 4 tbsp baking soda
Heat the vinegar in the microwave for 90 seconds. Allow to cool slightly or you will have a volcano on your hands when you add the baking soda. Add the the dish soap after. I poured the paste recipe all over the bathtub then used a sponge to evenly spread it. Then let it sit for a couple of hours. I was amazed at how great it worked.
My fibro has been so bad lately. I don’t really know why. Maybe it’s because I’ve been so stressed out from working so much. I’m not used to working Mon-Fri 8-5, coming home doing everything around the house and whatever else that needs to be done. My husband doesn’t really help around the house much. Ok, maybe that’s not necessarily true. He does help a little bit sometimes. Just a little tho.. He still has a long ways to go. I have spoiled him…
I had a patient today tell me that one of her doctors told her he didn’t believe in fibromyalgia. Unfortunately it’s not uncommon. I’ve had to change doctors once because of the same reason. If it’s not real then why do we have pain?! It’s not in our head. It took three years for me to get diagnosed with it because they couldn’t figure out what it was until one day my primary doctor went on vacation and I had to see another doctor. It didn’t take him very long to figure out what was wrong with me. But now we are still trying to figure out what works for me. I’m now taking gabapentin and norco. I take the gabapentin three times a day and the norco when I’m at home. It’s really not working like it used to so we’ll have to figure out another plan. Every time I wake up in the morning I feel like someone beat me up. My whole entire body is sore! The only thing that really helps it is taking a nice warm shower. Medication helps a little but I really can’t take it if I’m working. It makes me groggy. I’m getting a massage tomorrow. Hopefully it will make me feel a little better. I usually get one every two weeks. I’m so glad my husband’s work has great medical insurance or I would not be able to get my massages. I’m also signing up for yoga again. I’ve always loved yoga. It makes me feel better every time.
I’m going to see my youngest daughter this Sunday to get my hair done. My mom and I usually see her every month or so. Mom and I really need to get our hair done. We both have so many grey hairs. My daughter does an amazing job with our hair. Afterwards we go out to lunch. It’s about the only time I get to see her these days. She’s so busy with work just like we all are. It’s crazy.
Have a great weekend!
The hubby is coming home today after being gone for a week. He’s been in Austin, TX for work. Is it bad to say that I haven’t really had a chance to miss him? I have been so busy at work. By the time I get home, I just don’t want to move. I’ve been living on fast food all week.. I know, I know! It’s not good for me. But I’ve been lazy to cook or eat healthy.. I’ve gained so much weight lately. I have not been healthy at all. To top it off, I hurt my left ankle.. I need to make an appointment to see my doctor but I really can’t take time off from work.. We’re so short staff and I’m still a probe.. What’s s girl to do?! But seriously, I need to start getting back to exercising and eating healthy. I’m so proud of the hubby. He recently joined a boot camp. He’s been exercising and eating right. I’ll do it after my ankle heals..
Got into cleaning the house today. I shampooed the carpet, washed clothes, cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms. I feel so much better with a clean house. I’ve been putting it off for awhile. Like I said, work has been crazy.. All I want to do is sleep. I actually take naps now.. I’ve never done that before.. I was always so jealous of everyone because they could take naps..
Buddy helping me clean the house….